Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DARE, sans Nancy Reagan

I wanted to make a trifold card using mainly recycled materials, and I found inspiration in the Freshly Brewed Challenge #15. The theme is DARE: Distressing, Autumn, Ribbon, Embellishments.
The only part of this card that isn't reused is the ribbon and the message card. I cut the leaf patterns on my Cricut, at low settings.



Supplies: leaf cut files from SCAL2 library and FreeSVGFiles.com, box from case of 7-up, Quaker Oats box, green rubber band, magazine advertisement page, ribbon from Plaza and Target, Fiskars punch, Cricut electronic cutter, SCAL2 software, Tim Holtz scissors, ZipDry glue, white cardstock, emery board, Tim Holtz Distressing ink

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am so glad you found my blog. I hope you play along with the color combos. Lori's card this week did use a stamp for that main flower image. It is part of the stamp set called Paisley Prints from Stampin' UP (it is in the new Holiday Mini catalog).

    Hugs,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing project! I love all the things you recycled and how beautiful they look on your card. Gorgeous!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing and playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges Dare challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I really had fun with this challenge, and plan on playing along in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.