Sunday, November 14, 2010

Excuse me while I whip this out...

As soon as I got my crafty little fingers on this new freebie by Therese Travis at Too Many Ideas, I knew I'd be making a pull-tab card. I used the template I made for a similar Halloween card (photo on CDAC) which I'd sent to lots of family. Oh how I love PaperFaces Designs! I never get bored with them. This kind of card is a favorite of mine, because it feeds equally my need for the interactive and my desire to use my pretty gel pens. I plugged in some photos from last Christmas (the tree, the family, Walt destroying his gift from Mrs. Claus) and added a ribbon and bow to make it feel "gifty". I wanted some text on it and "Merry" seemed appropriate, especially with that emotive M. Although it's difficult to see in these photos, the white elements are "glittered" with Polar White Flowersoft, my new go-to white.

Can't wait to work with this image again. Doesn't it just scream
patterned paper?

Digi stamp: Santa Stocking by Therese Travis
Supplies: Michaels ribbon, Smirk, Elmer's and Sakura gel pens, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign & PhotoShop, stash eyelet, FlowerSoft & glue, Tim Holtz scissors, Fiskars papercutter & decorative scissors, ZipDry glue, K&Company double-sided cardstock, AnAkronism
typeface by Nick Curtis

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Great job, and your quick!!! I was just going to bed when she sent them!! lol I never even thought of a card like this. Yes this image does scream patterned paper. I think i'm making a digi layout with this too

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! and I have a LOT of stockings. Thanks so much for being a part of my DT, Christina.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.