Saturday, February 5, 2011

is fully aware...and it's RED!

February is American Heart Month (although Heart Disease Awareness extends to everyone, we're just really in need of some awareness), so on Feb. 4 a bunch of people on FaceBook posted as their status something about their heart, ending with the phrase And it's RED! I put "Is cautious yet optimistic," but others came up with really beautiful descriptions. Inspired by this, Mojo Monday's square sketch, and TLC Creations' special freebie that day, I whipped up this 4x4 card with a PaperFacesDesigns digi that I had handy. I'm also entering this card into Craft Your Passion's Bling on Your Love challenge, although it's a little low on the bling.

This seemed like the perfect opportunity to use some of the gorgeous ribbon from heaven-knows-where that I found in the attic. I was recently complemented on my Ribbon Treatment (or RT, to the cool kids), so I tried some light "puckering" with ZipDry. Yikes, I'm hooked. Guess who bought more ribbon today‽ For the wings, I used some of the red-and-yellow paper I distressed for my slider card. For the "lace" element, I cut a scrap of glittered paper with scallop scissors and added the holes with my Crop-O-Dile punch.

Digi stamp: Angel Meggie by PaperFacesDesigns

Inspiration:
Mojo Monday Sketch 176: square
Craft Your Passion Challenge #43: Bling On Your Love (Use Bling & Red or Hearts on your creation)

Supplies: K&Company Valentine's Designer double-sided paper pack, Core'dinations cardstock, Marvy punch, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart detailing scissors, emery board, Sakura gel pens, HP printer & ink, Fiskars papercutter and scallop scissors, Copic Ciao markers, Tim Holtz distress inks (fired brick, antique linen, mustard seed), stash ribbon, Crop-O-Dile II

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous project! Thanks for playing along with us in our "Bling On The Love" challenge at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.