Thursday, April 7, 2011

Candy from a Ladybug

For Valentine's, Mom sent us the cutest sliding treat holders, and once I started making them I couldn't stop! They're about 3x4.5 inches (a 6.5x4.5 piece wrapped & glued at 1/2 inch), and you can decorate them to your crafty-heart's desire. The only online tutorial I could find (without much work) was at Pioneer Party; I especially like their idea of sizing the holder for a particular candy bar.

I thought this would be a really fun use of Bugaboo's oh-so-sweet "Scene It/Ladybugs" digi stamp that I lucked out and grabbed as a freebie. I'm hooked now, tho! Also, I just had to pair it with TLC's "Advice from a Ladybug" sentiment.

I colored everything with Copics, then masked the main image and message section (see back of holder at bottom of this post) and sprayed everything with Tattered Angels chalk mist (Banana Pudding). I added a bit of tulle to one side of the holder, just for fun, but I do like how lends has a bug-catcher kind of vibe.

Inspiration:
Catch the Bug April Challenge: Anything Goes
Stamp Something Challenge: April Digi Day

Sliding Treat Holder tutorial: Pioneer Party

3 comments:

  1. How very cute are these?! I luuuurve what you did....can see how these would be addictive, lol.
    BTW....I also love that you are a Follower on my blog, and really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave for me....a thousand thanks, my sweet bloggie friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute are these... Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great creation! Thank you for playing along in the Bugaboo challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.