Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stampendous

I ran across Laura's Stampendous! Sketch Challenge and ended up making two cards, both little love notes to one of my favorite brands.
I'm entering the card on the right into A Day in the Life of the Paper Poppy's challenge (Laura's blog), and the card on the left into the twin challenge at Stampendous! Impressions (brand blog) as well as ColourQ Challenge #79 (Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black + white).

I wanted to focus on embossing, because ever since I paired Versamark watermark ink with Stampendous detailing powder I've felt like an embossing genius. Seriously, it's practically fool-proof (fool knocks on wood). Plus, the opaque powders show on anything.

Although the sketch challenge only suggests that we use Stampendous products, I went through my stash and discovered that my Stacked Teacups stamp is actually by them. That stamp inspired this bright flowery card, which coincidentally contains many of the same supplies as my quieter Color Splash card. I also decorated the inside of the card, stamping a flourish "Happy Birthday"That was yesterday. Today we went to Michaels and they had Stampendous silicon stamp sets for $2.50! Still over my budget, but too good to pass up. I bought their Orchid set, which I used exclusively for the card below. As you can tell, I really like heat embossing!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Christina, the colors are fantastic.
    Thanks for playing at the Stampendous sketch challenge.
    Hugs,
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Christina! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card, the colours look great together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creations. All done in such lovely colors and wonderful creativity! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.