Friday, May 13, 2011

Krafty Flowers

So I've been wanting to enter a challenge at the Kraft Outlet for a while now, and I finally managed it! I had so much fun making my pink-and-kraft CDAC card that I decided to build on some of those ideas for this card.

I also used this week's lovely Mojo Monday sketch, but made the card a tall 4x6 because that's what I imagined for this design.

I stamped the kraft border with watermark ink and dried it with my heat tool. I sewed some pink-embossed flowers onto it with various buttons. Yes, all the buttons are sewed on: it's a thing of mine. The sentiment is stamped in chalk ink.

I was able to get those nice bows with the fork trick; I used my big salad fork since the ribbon's so wide. Incidentally, later that evening my husband walked by my work table and said, "OH it's a crafting fork, isn't it‽"

Inspiration:
Make It Monday with Kraft Outlet: Buttons & Bows Challenge
Sketch: Mojo Monday 190

Supplies: rubber stamps from Stampin' Up!, Recollections cardstocks, CelebrateIt ribbon, Versamark watermark & chalk inks, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter & corner embossing punch, MS detailing scissors, needle & thread, Making Memories buttons, Stampendous embossing powder & sentiment stamp

3 comments:

  1. Such a soft and pretty creation....I love the punched corners, and I'd forgotten about the fork trick...duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a soft and sweet card this is! I love the pink and white paired with the kraft and love those butterflies and flowers, too. The punched edge detail is really eye catching, and you have me totally intrigued with the fork bow tying technique.
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really lovely card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.