Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Stampin' Dymonz Grand Give-A-Way: Acetate Tag

It's day 7 of the Tim Times Ten Grand Give-A-Way Challenge at the Stampin' Dymonz blog:
  • An acetate tag (recycling plastic from packaging)
  • The acetate must be dry embossed & inked
  • Your tag must be two-layered
  • Include an image & use some type of "dimensional" product to embellish your image -- fun flock, flower soft, heat embossing, etc.
  • Depict a cold scene
I'm having such a great time with these challenges! I'm especially enjoying seeing everyone's work and making new crafting friends. Thank you everyone for all your comments! Please know that I love every one of them.

Well, I totally felt out of my element when I saw today's challenge: I've never dry-embossed on acetate, and I've never had luck inking it (other than just stamping images with StazOn). Sigh, I've never wanted an embossing machine so much! But, as these things often work, I ended up having just what I needed.

I used a piece of acetate from some stamp packaging, and dry-embossed it with a snowflake-themed embossing plate I got free with some magazine and my small ball-point embossing tool. Wow, it's like I knew what I was doing! I couldn't believe how clean the embossing came out; I've done this with vellum, with less successful results. I sponged the back of the embossed acetate with blue StazOn ink, and sprayed the outside with "Frost" glimmer mist.

I adhered the acetate to a blue cardstock with ZipDry and Diamond Stickles (from Stampin' Dymonz blog candy!), then adhered that to the shiny side of the same cardstock, which I edged with a scallop blade.

For the image, I used a Cardinal stamp that I have; I've been treated to a family of Cardinals in the yard this Spring, so I was happy to get a chance to use it. I colored it with Copics and added some "snow" with Polar White flower soft. I added some of the "snow" to the bottom and edges of the tag.

I made the sentiment myself, and printed it on vellum so that I could heat-emboss it. I added some "snow" to it and to the brad as well.
*
Supplies: Cardinal with Holly rubber stamp from Prickley Pear Stamps, Elmer's & Sakura gel pens, Memento ink, Core'dinations cardstock, StazOn ink, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, ZipDry & ZIG glues, Offray ribbon, flower brad from Oriental Trading Co., MS detailing scissors, HP printer & ink, InDesign, Stampendous clear embossing powder, Marvy heat tool, Polar White FlowerSoft
Copics: YR09, R27, R29, R59, E35, G99, YG63, YG67, YG03, B00

7 comments:

  1. Very cool....love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait..you embossed this with a pen.I can't tell the difference..LOVE, LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag!! I LOVE your embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....never seen embossing on acetate...very cool....lovin' this journey you are on....go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.