Wednesday, August 31, 2011

SDSS August Stamp Club inspiration

I spent much of this past Saturday at the Baltimore home of the Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack (SDSS), laughing in the face of Hurricane Irene & participating in this month's SDSS Stamp Club.

This was my first such class, and it was super-fun. I know the other participants from the blogosphere, but it was nice to see them in person. The class cost included Stampin' Up!'s Butterfly stamp set but you know I had to buy the punch too! We made 4 projects: an accordion file box, a treat holder, a card & a layout (with a provided sketch).

I had some matching paper at home, so I made one more project to fit into the set: an altered CD, inspired by this week's challenge at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space.


The flowers are made with a Stampin' Up! punch & a scrap of yellow paper from the Scrap Shack. The centers are brads. I punched the holes with my Crop-O-Dile...so easy!


Speaking of Hurricane Irene (our thoughts with those who were most effected), we mostly had only rain during Saturday afternoon, but by the evening it was windy & wet & messy (but really quite beautiful). There was some tree damage in the area, but we didn't experience any physical damage (well, if you don't count my husband's sore arms from sawing down the giant branch that got suspended on the Cherry tree...thank you Baby!); however, we did lose Internet access for almost 48 hours, which explains why I haven't posted since Friday.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment and for joining my blog. Your altered CD looks terrific. All in one day. I am amazed. It all looks so bright and cheery. The CD's are fun to make and so many possibilities. I am glad the storm didn't cause too much damage for you. What a crazy weather year. Cheers..Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely cheery wall hanging from your CD CG. Glad you and yours are still safe from Irene and continue to be. Thankyou for sharing this at Stampin' Dymonz' Creative Space this week and hope to see you back next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tulle is a great idea. Love how you put the sentiment on the ribbon. A lot of nice elementa on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute...love love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your CD esp. the use of the tulle to handg it. Thanks for joining us at StampinDymonz Creative Space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.