Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dude Time Doodles November Holidays Challenge

I'm so excited to be a guest designer for the month of November at Dude Time Doodles! They are such a fun and talented group.

This week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles is
November's Special Days
(pick one)
:
  • World Hello Day (Nov. 21)
  • U.S. Thanksgiving (Nov. 24)
  • Stay at Home Because You are Well (Nov. 30)
Hope you'll join us!

I chose Thanksgiving, so that I could use Ted Tightend & Paul Pilgrim from Dude Time Doodles. I made a "Pigskin Time" sentiment to play on the traditional ham & football so many of us enjoy on that day!

I made a horizontal Notch Swing Card (my vertical notch swing card & SVG templates available here), so that images can take turns being in front! I paper-pieced them, and used Copics to add details. I added some football-like hand-stitching. It's really very simple, and looks so good! The patterned papers are embossed Black Magic Core'dinations; one is a light yellow + black, and the other is light brown + black. The interior paper is a DP I had in my stash...those swirls are kinda pig-tail-y, right?!
And the back:

Stamps: Ted Tightend & Paul Pilgrim from Dude Time Doodles, front sentiment generated with Chinchilla font, interior sentiment stamp from Fiskars, leaf stamps from stash
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Cricut, SCAL, HP printer & ink, Tim Holtz paper distresser, sandpaper, Sizzix Texture Boutique & embossing plate, Cuttlebug embossing plate, awl, needle, Marvy heat tool, Martha Stewart detail scissors
Paper: Core'dinations, Recollections, Hammermill
Embellishments: Copic markers, Offray ribbon, Recollections brads, ZING embossing powder, nameplate from stash


9 comments:

  1. CG your cards are amazing. I love them both equally and the colours you have used are fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love your card! Great idea to make a swing card for Thanksgiving highlighting what the holiday is about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! Love this flip card; such a great idea. Welcome to the team as gdt this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your swing card CG, you did a fab job on it! Great to have you on the team!!
    Yay you sussed me!!!lol
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, cg! Love that swing card. Now I need a tutorial on how to make one. Great sentiment and I love all the laces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great swing card CG, I like both images and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, truly amazing and brilliant! Your cards are so creative, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so smart, love them both!

    Majo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards, both of them! Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment, I so appreciate this. Greetz from the Netherlands, Ira

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.