Thursday, November 12, 2015

Happy Hanukkah

The city has hung lots of lights this year and I've spied a few Menorahs lighting up the streets. It's getting into the cold & darkness of Winter, but all the festivities certainly light up our lives!


The stamped image is from my stash; I colored it with Copic markers & gel pens, fussy-cut it with a slight border, and backed it with a vellum die cut. The cityscape is cut with a MFT die from shiny white paper and backed with a glittered cardstock. The sentiment is from Verve stamps, and is heat-embossed on another vellum die cut. The card is finished with some glitter tape and a corner punch.

Update, December 2017: I sold this card at a craft fair at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Wishing us all a year of light & peace,




2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely lovely card! I love how it pays homage to Hanukkah with traditional elements, yet it is totally modern and artistic! The blue color palette looks striking and the touches of gold give it a sense of sophistication. I also liked how you layered up the die-cut shapes in the background and the sentiment is perfect! You did a great job on this and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous card - great texture and love the design! Thanks so much for joining us at CVC this month and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.