Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Enjoy the Mess

It's one layer week at Less is More; Clean & Simple stamping is such a skill, and I feel more confident with every try. That being said, clean & crisp isn't really my style so I like to get a bit artsy with it! Here's a Father's Day card I made for my Brother-in-law.


I used 3 inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Barely Banana, and QuickQuotes Coral. The splatter, smudge, and sentiment stamps are from a Recollections "Color Splash" set. I spritzed the stamps to create a messy effect. I used my index finger to stamp the prints, and doodled on them with a fine black pen. Super easy & fun to make!

http://yournextstamp.com/blog/sketch-and-color-challenge-41/
Inspiration/Challenges:
Less is More #280: Splatters + One Layer
YNS #41: Sketch



Thanks for stopping by,




6 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I absolutely love how you've used finger prints in this. The card is quirky and fun and vibrant - your brother-in-law will love this for sure. Fab LIM entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, sure to be well received

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got so much fun and movement going on. Love the fingerprint figures and the colours are gorgeous. Super splattered too. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card...I'm sure your brother-in-law will love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun! Loving your doodled prints with the colourful stripes and splatters.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm a little late visiting this time!
    This is such a fun card, I love how you used the fingerprints!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.